Maritime and Engineering Studies
The Trust constantly strives to promote careers in maritime and engineering throughout its activities and at shows, school career fairs and events.
What we do
- We engage with the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) to support young people in entering the maritime industry.
- In partnership with MNTB, we attend school career fairs and workshops to ensure that young people are fully aware of careers available in the maritime sector.
- In addition we work with Jobs in Maritime a dedicated service for maritime careers.
- In conjunction with The University of the West of England and Plymouth University, we provide opportunities for students to carry out academic projects linked to SS Freshspring to engage them in maritime.
- To work towards providing placements for marine cadets, we are working with Chiltern Maritime to create month long placements at the ship as part of sea-time training
- At Primary level, we have a mainstream school project based on STEM subjects. An element of this project is to connect young people to maritime, planting a seed for future career opportunities.
- Schools are encouraged to bring children to the ship where they can see first-hand how a vessel operates. They also engage in activities such as rope- making.
Watch this space! We are currently developing activities for these groups.
For all learning visit enquiries please contact the Educational and Project Officer, Hayley Buscombe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.